Western Forestry Graduate Research Symposium
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- You are allotted 10 minutes for an oral presentation, with 5 minutes for questions from the audience. We have additionally alotted 5 minutes to transition between each presentation.
- Each session will have a session coordinator who will hold up cards at the 5-minute mark and last-minute mark to help you stay on time.
- The suggested format for presentations includes: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. Students may also present preliminary results or proposed research if they do not have results yet.
- Presentations should be catered to a broad audience from diverse backgrounds. The audience will be composed of individuals from specialties outside of your own.
- Presenters will be contacted before the day of the event with further instructions on the assigned time and room for their presentation.
Please contact us with presentation questions.